Benefits of Membership:
Centre & Community
The centre will have considerable general benefits to the entire community in West Berkshire and specific benefits to the local Muslim Community. Below is a brief description of the expected short and long term benefits of each component of the centre.
Benefits of the Mosque
The first benefit of the mosque is achieving the blessings of Allah (Almighty God). This is a blessing that will be bestowed on all members of our community. It will also have the following practical benefits:
- Providing a place of worship to the Muslim community in Newbury/Thatcham and accommodate their religious needs. The existing facility on Pound Street a long time ago is congested with no facilities for ladies, social needs etc and where worshippers have to park along with local streets, causing resentment among our neighbours.
- The mosque will provide sufficient indoor prayer space for important days in the Muslim Calendar such as Friday and Eid prayers, hence a more quiet environment for both Muslims Worshippers and other members of the community.
- The mosque will provide the opportunity for holding Open Days which brings various members of our society together and improves understanding of each other; leading to a harmonic and peaceful society. The greater space and facilities associated with the mosque will accommodate the requirements of such days.
Benefits of the Education Centre
- The Education Centre will consist of a Library which will provide resources on Islamic and Arabic Cultures and this will help:
- Muslims and Non-Muslims in accessing resources of knowledge to these great religions and cultures
- Non-Muslims in understanding more about Islam and Arabic cultures, hence bringing people together and improve relations across communities.
- A place for people to spend useful time which has great benefits for everyone.
- Providing Religious Education to all interested community members (Muslims and Non-Muslims)
- Providing Arabic Language Education to all interested community members (Muslims and Non-Muslims)
- Closing the Gap of Knowledge about Islam and Arabic Culture which exists in our Society, hence improving relations and tolerance across various communities.
To become a member please contact us via the form below: